Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Supply and Demand of a Tipi Blog

So, I live in a tipi. But before I lived in a tipi I wanted to know what your average tipi dweller goes through on any given day. I wanted to read the stories of someone who already made the mistakes and fixed them so I wouldn't have to. I wanted those answers to the questions I hadn't thought of yet. I want someone to tell me that I shouldn't put anything that wasn't in a sealed container directly on the ground because the bugs would swarm it, no matter what it was. I wanted someone to tell me that sparying that colony of ants (the colony of ants which live within the boundraies of where I set up my tipi...woops) with water doesn't make them go away, it actually concentrates them and makes it easier for them to dig their tunnel all throughout my tipi. I wanted someone to tell me that I should put all my belongings in one corner to maximize space. But I never found that person. So I am going to become that person. I want to let anyone that is thinking about moving into a simpler way of life know it's been done before, it's an adventure, and it ain't so bad. I'm here to give hope to the millions and millions, or maybe the tens and tens of people who are thinking about living in a tipi.

5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic-- I'm so glad you are doing the blog. Horray!!!

    JH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I want to do this...NOW! I have an 8 year old son...does that make it harder you think? Like can I register him for school without an address? Or would i need to home school? Also do you know where I could find a community of tipis that would welcome us???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so serious...email me at shantimitchell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would get a PO Box at the post office if you don't have a permanent address or you don't have a spot for a mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, would you mind deleting my email address? Just cleaning up my internet presence. :) ~Peace

    ReplyDelete